DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Paper Plate Echidna Craft
© by Leanne Guenther
This adorable echidna craft uses a printable template and a paper
plate to make a project suitable for an Australian animals, mammals, or
letter E theme or just for fun.
The echidna is one of the only mammals in the world that lay eggs!
Kaitlyn made a blog post
about this paper plate Echidna in August 2013.
- brown paint and paintbrush
- paper plate,
- something to color with (or color printer)
- Paint the bottom of the paper plate brown.
- Cut off the bottom quarter of the plate.
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces.
- Using the template piece as a guide, cut off the bottom quarter of the plate.
Glue the pieces to the plate to make an
- Glue the feet onto the bottom of the plate.
- Glue the head onto the side of the plate above the front foot.
- Cut a fringe around the edge of the plate. Make sure you don't cut the
fringe too deep that the pieces start to fall off. Avoid cutting the pieces
of the template (the head and feet) when cutting the fringe.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions