We named this cute little fella the quizzical quail because of the way his head tilts to the side. The craft uses a printable template and a paper plate to make a project suitable for a bird theme, letter Q theme or just for fun.
- paper plate,
- blue and grey paint and paint brush,
- something to color with (or color printer),
- Optional: You can substitute large wiggly eyes for the template eyes.
- Paint the bottom of the paper plate a blue-grey color
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Color (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces. Most of the pieces are simple enough shapes for young children to cut out, but if needed, an adult can help with some of the harder pieces (the wings and the tail).
- Glue the pieces to the plate to make a quail:
- Glue the wings onto either side of the plate.
- Glue the feet onto the bottom of the plate on either side of center.
- Glue the head in the middle of the paper plate slightly overlapping
The white part should be at the bottom and you can tilt the head slightly for that quizzical look.
- Glue the the beak in the middle of the head.
- Glue the eyes above the beak.
- Glue the plume at the top of the head.
- Glue the tail at the top of the plate.