DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Platypus Toilet Paper Roll Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This is a simple, three dimensional platypus craft that young children enjoy making and playing with.
- toilet paper roll or cardboard tube,
- a printer,
- something to color with,
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Color (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece on first to cover the tube. Toilet paper rolls come in different sizes, so if you find the
rectangle is a bit too big, just trim it down. If you find it's a bit too small,
just cut out another small piece to fill in the gap.
- Glue the tail onto the back of the toilet paper roll using the tabs to make a 3D effect.
- Glue the head onto the front of the toilet paper roll.
- Glue on the arms and legs. We usually make the crafts so they look like they are sitting on their haunches.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions