DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Porcupine Fish Paper Plate Craft
Puffer fish, porcupine fish and balloon fish all blow themselves up
with air or water to double their size and intimidate enemies.
Porcupine fish further intimidate with the sharp spines all over their
bodies whereas puffer fish are extremely poisonous.
- paper plate,
- pencil and black marker
- scissors or cutter
- Draw a half circle with a marker on the edge of the plate.
- cut a triangular mouth from the half circle area
- Glue the piece you cut out onto the back as a tail.
- Cut an eyeball out from construction paper (or use the template piece).
- Cut long triangles out from construction paper and glue them around the paper plate.
- Cut a fin shape out (or use the template piece) and glue it to the middle of the fish.
- Note from Leanne: OPTIONAL: You could let the children paint
the plates before you glue on the quills but they look cute left white too
so it depends on what your kids like to do and how long you want the project
to take -- when Kaitlyn was 3 or 4 one of her favorite things to do was
paint paper plates (even if we didn't do anything with them afterwards *laugh*)
Print friendly version of these instructions