DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Tyrannosaurus Rex TP Roll Craft
This is a simple cut and paste paper craft that's pretty much just your
basic t-rex type dinosaur. It uses a toilet paper roll as a base to give it a three dimensional effect.
- toilet paper roll,
- a printer,
- something to colour with,
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece on first to cover the tube.
- Glue on the head.
- Glue the legs and arms onto the side of the toilet paper roll.
- Fold the tail in half so it is coloured on both sides and use the tab to
attach it to the back of the toilet paper roll (give it a 3D effect with the
- Fold the scales in half so they are colored on both sides. Attach
them to the back using the tab to give them a 3D effect.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions