DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Worm Cross Stitch Pattern
A simple cross stitch pattern for children to make..
To learn more about cross stitching, check out our "How
to Cross Stitch" directions.
When I do these projects with the girls, I encourage them fill in the backgrounds with cross stitch instead of leaving it
unstitched. The long rows of single colored stitches are terrific
practice. But it's completely up to you! It does make the
project take a lot longer.
- Embroidery Floss Used:
- feel free to substitute colors!
- If your child wants an orange worm don't get stuck... just substitute orange floss for the yellow
- If you have left over floss lying around you can use that too (ex: brown for the worm instead of the yellow)
- plastic canvas,
- embroidery hoop (a must! unless you're using plastic canvas),
- needle (20 or 22 work well, but any that fit 3 strands of floss will do).
- Print out the template of choice.
- fold cloth in half and then in half again to find the center.
- Place hoop around cloth. Start as close to center as you can.
- cut about 18 inch pieces of floss and divide in half (so you have 3
strands of floss to work with).
- Start cross stitching! To learn more about cross stitching, check
out our "How to
Cross Stitch" directions.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Worm Cross Stitch Template (color)
Print friendly version of these instructions