DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Yak Toilet Paper Roll Craft
This is a fun and simple color, cut and paste craft uses a toilet paper
roll to give it a three dimensional effect. Young children will enjoy making and playing with it.
- toilet paper roll or cardboard tube,
- a printer,
- something to color with,
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Color (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece on first to cover the tube. Toilet paper rolls come in different sizes, so if you find the
rectangle is a bit too big, just trim it down. If you find it's a bit too small,
just cut out another small piece to fill in the gap.
- Glue on the head onto the top of the toilet paper roll.
- Fold the tail and glue it together (so it's colored on both sides) then
bend the tab and glue it onto the back to give it a three dimensional effect.
- Glue the legs onto the toilet paper roll: We put him together as if he was sitting on his haunches -- they don't
do this of course, but this is the simplest way for young children to
construct the craft. It also gives the animal a "cartoon" feel which the kids seem to like.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).