DLTK's Crafts for Kids
This is extremely basic origami meant for ages 4 thru 7.
It teaches them a few of the basic folds but lets them create
a project in less than 10 steps.
- square piece of white paper (cut a piece of computer paper to make a square
- OPTIONAL: black marker
- OPTIONAL: wiggly eyes and glue
- OPTIONAL: cotton balls and glue
TERMINOLOGY -- MOUNTAIN FOLD:
fold the paper under -- see how it looks like a mountain?
TERMINOLOGY -- VALLEY FOLD:
fold the paper to the front
- to make a square piece of paper, valley fold diagonally and cut off the excess
- valley fold the paper in half diagonally (so you have a triangle)
- turn the triangle so the point is facing toward you.
- valley fold the paper in half diagonally again (so you have a smaller triangle).
- this gives you a crease in the center of your larger triangle to use as a guide for the next step
- on each side, valley fold a triangle about 3/4 of
the way to the crease to make the ears
- this is what you end up with
- mountain fold a small bit of the bottom tip of the triangle
- mountain fold a small bit of each ear
- glue pieces of cotton balls onto the ears
OR glue cotton balls above the lambs eyes.
- Glue wiggly eyes onto the face
- draw a black nose (and eyes) onto the face.
Print friendly version of these instructions