Blue and Magenta Party Hats
I've included some photos of the hats so you can see it "in action". It's fun for the kids to make as they arrive at the start of the party.
Tasha choose the Blue's Clues hat and Kaitlyn choose the Magenta one. You can use them separately or just cut out a bunch of the characters from both templates and let the kids mix and match.
Tasha (age 6) was tired of hers after about 1/2 an hour (at the moment, if it isn't Britney Spears, it isn't worth the effort *sigh*). Kaitlyn, the 3 year old birthday girl, wore hers for a few days.
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color the pieces, as necessary
- Cut out the template pieces (this can be done prior to the birthday party).
- Cut two strips of construction paper about 4 inches wide and as long as
you can make them. (this can be done prior to the party).
- Tape the strips together end to end so you have one very long strip.
(this can be done prior to the party).
- Measure the paper around the child's head and mark about two inches longer
- Let the children glue or tape the characters onto the construction paper
- Tape the ends together to form a hat.
- Optional: tape strands of streamer or ribbon onto the back of the
hat to hang down (see photo of Kaitlyn's hat).
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).