I originally saw this on another site and just linked there, but they didn't have a color printable and the link has since disappeared (I'm always sad when things go missing from the internet... )
Anyways, I made this for Kaitlyn's Age 3 birthday and thought I'd share it here.
You can either use this 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper version OR print it out and take it to your nearest photocopy store. It costs $3 Cdn for the first copy and $2 for subsequent copies to get an 11 x 17 inch color blow up made (at least where I live)... B&W copies are about 1/2 that.
Materials you will need are a printer, paper , scissors, glue, and something to color with.
- Print out the template of choice (print as many glasses templates as you need... There are two per page).
- Color craft pieces if you printed the black and white version of the template.
- Cut out the pieces.
HOW TO PLAY:
- Hang the mailbox on a wall in a nice open area. (be aware of the HEIGHT of your party goers... I'm 6 ft tall, my kids aren't ... You don't want them to have to jump to reach Arthur *grin*).
- Give each child a flag with some stick'um or a masking tape roll on the back (I don't like using real pins).
- Stand 10 big steps back (closer for smaller tikes).
- Blindfold the children one at a time, spin them around and point them in the direction of the mailbox. (when it was daddy's turn we pointed him in the opposite direction *grin*)
- The closest to getting the flag onto the dot wins!
- You can also have prizes for 2nd and 3rd place, the quickest, the slowest, the furthest away, and the funniest placement... If you come up with enough prizes, everyone can be a winner!
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set your page margins to zero (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP on most browsers) so the templates print out fully.