Print these "home-made" bookmarks for a special reading companion.
To add that extra bit of motivation, print out a bookmark for your child, your friend or yourself as a reward for reading a certain number of stories.
If you're looking for Bookmarks with a different theme, check out our list of all the bookmarks available on the site.
Even if you have a color printer, you may prefer the black and white version which the kids can color in themselves...
- crayons or something else to color with (for b&w print version)
- clear contact paper
- Click on the link of your choice (below) to print the template. Color as appropriate.
- Cut the bookmark out (one big rectangle) and fold in half (left to right) along the
- Glue so it stays folded together.
- Optional: cover with clear contact paper so it lasts longer (you could also put a
piece of cardboard in the center before gluing for a sturdier bookmark)
- Optional: Poke a hole in the top of the bookmark and tie a string/wool through as a tassle.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).