DLTK's Sites for Kids
Dipsy Teletubbies Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
Dipsy is the second biggest Teletubby. He is
known for his distinctive steps and ways of saying "hello". He loves his
black and white hat very much. Dipsy sings a song with a reggae beat and when he is
feeling "especially cool" will go for a walk by himself, wearing his hat and
singing the song.
Dipsy is a fun and simple color, cut and paste craft that
uses a toilet paper roll as the body to give it a three dimensional
toilet paper tube,
- a printer,
- a piece of paper,
- some crayons,
- Print out the template of choice. If
using the black and white template, try printing it on green construction paper.
- Color (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece on first
to cover the tube.
- Glue on the head, legs and the arms.
Glue Dipsy's hat onto his head (or into one of his hands).
- Glue the brownish yellow square onto the
tummy. These squares turn into TV sets sometimes... If you like, you can cut a TV
picture out of a flier or magazine and glue it into this square.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions
program, characters and logo: ® & © 1998 Ragdoll Productions (UK) Ltd.