DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Earth Day Wreath
This is a fun earth day wreath to do by yourself or with a group.
If you are doing it with a group, each person can write something they think would help keep our planet healthy on one of the strips of
construction paper before making it into a loop.
- Ring of cardboard (empty cereal boxes work wonderfully)
- construction paper (blue and green)
- small piece of wool
- Trace a
small plate and a large plate onto a piece of old cardboard.
- Empty cereal boxes or frozen dinner boxes work well as a source of recycled cardboard.
- It doesn't matter if you go over the folds of the cardboard.
a small strip of cardboard and glue it onto the back of the ring over any folds in the cardboard.
- This will reinforce the ring.
- Cut strips of construction paper (about 1 1/2 inches by 4 inches)
- Glue the strips
into rolls (like making a paper chain).
- Glue the rolls of construction paper onto the wreath. Alternate colors to make a pattern. This craft is good pattern practice for
Kindergarten thru Grade 2 students
- Use the template
pieces below for the earth.
- Tape a small piece of wool to the earth and the wreath so it hangs in the middle.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP in most browsers).