I love handprint crafts! I save each one in a special binder and peek at them every so often. It's fun to compare and see how they've grown.
This one comes with a choice of an earth template for the center or a template that allows you to write a message about why you want to protect the planet.
- blue, brown and green paint or construction paper.
- thread, ribbon or string
- There are two ways to do this craft. One is to trace the child's hand onto paper and cut out the prints. The second is to make paint handprints on the paper, let them dry and cut those out.
- The project can be made in teams of two or three children. This is especially helpful if you are tracing the hands instead of making paint prints. The kids can trace each others handprints.
- Make twelve handprints (4 of each colour).
- Cut out the prints and glue to form a wreath.
- You can decorate the wreath further with stickers (like flowers, birds, butterflies -- anything nature related).
- Print one of the templates for the center of the wreath
- Color the template piece, if necessary and cut it out.
- If using the 'message' template, finish the sentence: 'The earth is worth protecting because'
- We used a piece of thread to hang the template piece in the center of the wreath
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).