DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Paper Plate Earth Day Wreath
This is good scissor skills practice for kindergarten children - the images are all circles making them fairly easy to cut out.
- something to color with,
- a paper plate
- Cut the center out of the paper plate to leave a round "donut" shape.
This will form the base of the wreath. (This may require adult assistance).
- Print out the template pieces - you may wish to print 2 or 3 copies of the template depending on how full you want your wreath to
be -- our photo is a mix of two templates.
- Color the earths and recycling symbols (if using the B&W version)
- Cut out the template pieces. This will take quite awhile -- you can provide assistance if you like (depending on the patience of
- Glue your earths and recycling symbols to completely cover your paper plate "donut"
- You can tie a bow and paste it on to decorate further.
- You can put a piece of yarn on the back to hang it.
- You can do these as a group with younger children -- let each child
cut out and color one or two earths or recycle symbols, possibly print their names on it, and glue it on the group wreath.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions