This adorable emoji themed plant pot is a cute craft that children can make as a decoration for the house or the garden. I love this craft because it leaves so much room for children to use their creativity. Children can paint their favourite emoji onto the plant pot or even make up their own emoji! You can use different methods for putting the emoji face onto the plant pot, such as paint, felt paper, construction paper, etc.
Afterwards children can spend some time planting a seed or flower into the pot and learn responsibility as they help their plant to grow. This is also a great craft to celebrate spring.
- terracotta pot,
- paint (colours to suit your emoji face such as yellow, blue, red, white, black, and brown),
- paint brush,
- pencil (if you would like to trace the emoji facce before you paint),
- plant or seeds,
- OPTIONAL: felt paper or construction paper.
- Paint the terracotta pot (I chose yellow to create a classic emoji plant pot but children can get creative and choose a different colour). I recommend doing several coats of paint especially if you are using lighter colours.
- Once the base colour is dry paint on the emoji face. Depending on the face that you want allow the paint to dry as you go. For example, I painted the white circle of the eye and let it dry before adding the black circle inside.
- OPTIONAL: Use felt paper or constructoin paper and glue the pieces on to the plant pot create a more 3D emoji face. You can look at our Wool Pom Pom Emojis Craft for some ideas on how to create emoji faces from felt paper.
- Once the face is dry add soil to the pot and plant your seeds or flower into the emoji plant pot. Make sure to water your plant and keep it in a sunny place so that it grows!