This adorable paper plate craft uses a paper plate and printable template to make a project suitable for an emoji and St. Patrick's Day theme or just for fun.
If you cut out holes in the middle of the shamrocks, you can convert your emoji craft to an emoji mask. Attach a paint stir stick or tongue depressor to allow your child to hold it up to their face.
- yellow paint and paintbrush
(or you can keep the face white if you don't feel like painting).
- paper plate,
- something to color with (or color printer),
- Optional FOR MASK: Paint Stir Stick , thin strip of wood or Tongue Depressor .
- Paint the bottom of the paper plate yellow (or you can leave it white if you prefer).
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Color (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces. Most of the pieces are simple enough shapes for young children to cut out, but if needed, an adult can help with some of the harder pieces (the shamrocks).
- Glue the pieces to the plate to make an emoji face:
- Glue the mouth onto the face near the bottom of the paper plate.
- Glue the shamrock-shaped eyes onto the paper plate above the mouth.
- Glue the hat at the top of head, tilted to one side.
- Optional: If making a mask, use masking tape or duct tape to attach a thin strip of wood, a Tongue Depressor or a Paint Stir Stick(often free at paint supply and home repair stores -- no more than $1 -- we get dad to pick one up now and then when he's at home depot admiring the tools *grin*)
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).