This is a great worksheet to use on the first day with a new group of kids to help break the ice. It also works well to fill time at the beginning or end of the day (at Brownies, Sunday School, Kindergarten, etc).
- a printer,
- paper for the printer
- something to draw/color with
- a pencil or pen
- print the template of choice.
- distribute one to each of the children -- in groups of mixed boys and girls you can let them pick whether they want to do their page for a new boy or girl friend they've made.
- Let the children print the name of their new friend or for younger children, the instructor can help print the names or the friends can print the names for each other (most children can print their own names long before they can print the names of others).
- Let the children spend 5 to 10 minutes drawing a picture of their new friend (or of themselves with their new friend)
Picking your Template:
- The words on the first line of the generic template are: "Today I made a new friend!"
- The non-generic templates add "at ____" where blank is the non-generic bit (ex: at school, at church, at sparks, etc).
- The second line of the template reads "Her name is __________________." or "His name is ____________." For non-generic templates like Sparks, Brownies and Daisies, only the girl version is available since these are groups for girls.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).