This is a good craft for a grandparent who enjoys a cup of tea! You can accompany it with some purchased tea bags, tea pot or tea cup. Attach a single bag of tea and this poem for grandparent's who live in a different city:
Here's a gift for Grandparent's Day.
I'll think of you each and every day.
And if you begin missing me,
Sit back and have a cup of tea.
With love, (child's name).
Although this craft was originally meant to be a fridge magnet, if you don't have magnet backings don't worry about it too much. Use the craft for a card, make a collage/picture from it or just as individual pictures to hang up. I'm sure mom will love it no matter how the kids present it!
I have put in TWO teacups so if it's a family of 2 children, they can each be a cup and grandma can be the teapot. OR, if you're making this for Grandparent's Day the child can be the teapot and grandma and grandpa can each be a cup!
- something to color with,
- Magnet backing (Optional)
- A photograph or hand drawn picture of the grandparent's face and a photograph or hand drawn picture of the child's face that will fit inside the circle of the flower and the circle of the sun.
- To make the craft sturdier, you can paste the paper template onto a piece of poster board or cardboard before cutting it out. (Whenever I need poster board, I usually use the cardboard that comes out of nylon stocking packages or from cereal boxes).
- Print out the template of choice. Glue the template onto poster board or cardboard if you wish to make the craft sturdier.
- Color (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces. Younger kids may need help with this.
- Cut the picture of grandma(pa) and picture of child out in a circle shape to fit in the center of the teapot and teacup.
- We did it so the child was the teapot, but you can do it the other way too!.
- Attach the magnet to the back (most of the magnets from the craft store come with a sticky backing, but if you have one that doesn't use a glue gun to attach)
- Feel free to decorate further with sparkles, sparkle glue, sequins or anything else the kids can think of.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP in most browsers).
When the children give the grandparent's their gift, make sure they sing (you can video tape or tape record for long distance gifts)!
"I'M A LITTLE TEAPOT"
I'm a little teapot, short and stout.
Here is my handle, and here is my spout.
When I spy a teacup, then I shout,
Tip me over and pour me out!