DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Bumblebee Bookmark Craft
© by Leanne Guenther
Kaitlyn has been on a bit of a bumblebee kick lately. This craft was completely her idea. She scrounged around in the crafting cupboard and
came out with the supplies to make this cute little bookmark. I asked her if she would share it with our viewers and here is is!
- Yellow paint
- Black marker
- Yellow pompom
- 2 beads or wiggly eyes
- Pipe cleaner (recommended color: black),
- Popsicle stick
- Hot glue gun (Grown-up help required),
- Paint brush
- ADULT: plug in the hot glue gun so that it can warm up.
- Paint the Popsicle stick yellow and wait for the paint to dry.
- With a black marker, color black lines over the Popsicle stick after paint is dry.
- Cut 1 pipe cleaner in half and curl each half to make fancy antennas.
- Use the hot glue gun (adult should probably glue the pieces together) to glue the curled pipe cleaners to the back of the pom-pom.
- Glue the eyes (beads/wiggly eyes) to the front of the pom-pom with the help of a grown up.
- Glue the head to the Popsicle stick with the help of a grown up.
- Wait for it to dry.
Print friendly version of these instructions