[Bumblebees] [Butterflies] [Caterpillars] [Dragonflies] [Ladybugs] [Spiders] [Other]
DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Handprint Bumblebee Craft
Yet another craft that uses handprints (I love 'em!!). You can really make any animal with wings this way, but it's always nice to have a printable template on hand for the rest of the critter.
Check out the Handprint Poems on the site if you would like to include one with the craft.
- paper (for handprints)
- pencil or marker
- printer and paper
- Print out the template of choice (you can print the B&W version on yellow paper if you want less coloring).
- Color the template pieces (if using the B&W version).
- Cut out the template pieces (young children may need help with this step).
- Trace the child's hands on another piece of paper and cut out (two handprints).
- Glue the bumblebee together:
- Glue the circle (head) to the pointy piece (the point should go at the bottom, the head should go on the rounded part)
- Glue the face and antennas onto the head
- Glue the stripes onto the body
- Glue the handprint wings on the back of the body
- Glue the flower in the "hair", on a wing or beside the neck
- Optional: Print a Handprint Poem on the back
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).