Yet another craft that uses handprints (I love 'em!!). You can really make any animal with wings this way, but it's always nice to have a printable template on hand for the rest of the critter.
Check out the Handprint Poems on the site if you would like to include one with the craft.
- paper (for handprints)
- pencil or marker
- printer and paper
- Print out the template of choice (you can print the B&W version on yellow paper if you want less coloring).
- Color the template pieces (if using the B&W version).
- Cut out the template pieces (young children may need help with this step).
- Trace the child's hands on another piece of paper and cut out (two handprints).
- Glue the bumblebee together:
- Glue the circle (head) to the pointy piece (the point should go at the bottom, the head should go on the rounded part)
- Glue the face and antennas onto the head
- Glue the stripes onto the body
- Glue the handprint wings on the back of the body
- Glue the flower in the "hair", on a wing or beside the neck
- Optional: Print a Handprint Poem on the back
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).