DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Paper Dragonfly Craft
Both of my daughters love dragonflies and helped me design this cute and simple paper craft.
- something to color with (B&W version)
- waxed paper (optional)
- Print out the template of choice (you can print the B&W version on blue paper if you want less coloring).
- Color the template pieces (if using the B&W version).
- Cut out the template pieces (young children may need help with this step).
- Glue the dragonfly together:
- Set the largest circle aside.
- Glue the other circles together, slightly overlapping, from the smallest circle to the largest (this is good sorting practice for young children).
- Glue the wings onto the body (two per side). Instead of using the template pieces, you can trace the templates onto a piece of waxed paper
and make waxed paper wings instead (you can even put a bit of glitter onto the wings to sparkle them up a bit).
- Glue the largest circle on top of the wings and body. This will be the head.
- Glue the face and antennas onto the head.
- Glue the flower in the "hair" or on a wing
Printing the Templates:
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions