Hawaiian Cookies in a Jar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup packed flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 2/3 cup chopped dates
- 2 cups flour mixed with 1 tsp. Baking soda and 1 tsp. Baking powder.
Find a nice jar and make sure it's clean.
Layer ingredients in jar in order given. Press each layer firmly in place before adding next ingredient.
Put the lid on tightly.
Place a pretty cloth or tissue paper circle onto the lid and tie it with wool or raffia.
Print the directions template and tie to the jar (use raffia or wool) or glue to the front. The template is 3x5 so should fit in recipe boxes.
You can glue it to thin cardboard (old cereal boxes) and cover with clear contact paper if you like.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP in most browsers).