This is a fun and easy cut and paste paper craft that uses different shapes to make a Mardi Gras Jester.
- toilet paper tube,
- a printer,
- a piece of paper,
- something to color with,
Thoughts for Lessons:
- This craft has lots of simple shapes to cut out -- good scissor practice!
- You can precut the template into separate pieces (roughly) to make it a bit easier for beginning crafters to cut out the shapes.
- show the children two circles and ask -- is this one bigger, smaller or the same size as that one. Have them sort all the circles by size.
- Count the circles and the triangles.
- Print out the template -- there is a small picture of the finished craft on the template that will help with the assembly.
- If using the B&W template, color the pieces.
- Cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the small circle eyes and circle nose onto the large circle head.
- Glue the right angle triangles onto either side of the rectangle so the right angles of the triangles line up with the right angles of the rectangle.
- Glue the last triangle into the center of the Jester hat.
- Glue the smallest circles onto the top points of the Jester hat.
- Glue the jester hat onto the head.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).