DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Family Hands Paper Mache Craft
Thanks to Deborah for sending this in!
Deborah wrote, "If you did the whole family's, you could put it up in your living room or somewhere to be a
- Aluminum Foil
- Papier Mache Glue
- Acrylic paint
- And......a hand or family of hands! (Don't worry, you'll get it back! LOL).
- Wrap fingers separately with aluminum foil from hand. Wrap VERY well! After that, wrap hand. Don't leave any skin exposed on hand. (While
putting aluminum foil and newspaper on hand, do not bend much AT ALL! this will make it easier to pull off the mold.).
- Dip strips of newspaper about 1 inch wide, and 6" long in papier mache glue. Cover hand with 2 or 3 layers of newspaper. Keep your new mold of a
hand on for about 5 minutes.
- Now...pull it off very carefully! Let mold dry for about 2 or 3 days.
- Now, paint your mold.
- Suggestion (not required): You could take some colored acrylic paint or nail polish, and paint fingernails onto the mold.
Print friendly version of these instructions