Materials you will need for
this Y2K candle craft are a toilet paper roll, a printer, paper , scissors, glue, and something
to colour with. Optional materials are stickers, a small paper plate,
doily or felt and sparkles or sparkle glue.
This candle is "just pretend"...
you cannot really light it!
- Print out the template of choice. If using a black and white printer, try printing on construction paper.
- Colour pieces, as necessary.
- Cut out the pieces. This
step may require adult assistance.
- Glue the large rectangle onto
the tp roll. If you don't like the proportions of the candle (i.e.
think it's too tall), you can cut the tp roll down a bit. We often
make three candles, all different heights, and group them together in the
center of the table.
- Glue on the candle decorations. You can add further swirls and designs with stickers, sparkles or sparkle
- Glue the flame onto the tp roll
(at the top).
- OPTIONAL: To finish you
can decorate a doily, circle of felt or paper plate with left over template
pieces, stickers, sparkles or sparkle glue. Arrange your candle/candles
on the doily, felt or paper plate.
- Display in a place of honour
(fireplace mantle or dining room table come to mind).
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions