DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Pirate Gift or Treat Bag
Fill with treats to give to the guests after the party or use it
to hold a gift for the birthday boy.
- something to color with,
Optional: string, wool or ribbon.
- Print out the template of choice. There is a choice between a LARGE
bag and a SMALL bag. Before you mass produce, you might want to make
one of each to see which you prefer.
- Cut out the template along the outside lines.
Cut along the dotted lines (this will be the bag's bottom. Younger kids may
need help with this (it can be pre-done prior to colouring).
- You need two large bag templates to make one large bag.
- Place both of the cut out templates before you, face up.
- Glue the template on the right onto the glue tab of the template on
- You should now have one long piece of paper.
- See diagram to the right if you're confused
- Continue on as if you were making a small bag (the directions are
the same from here on).
- Imagine a line extending up from the dotted lines
you cut. Fold along these imaginary lines, fold the GLUE tab and fold up the tabs
for the bag's bottom
- Put glue on the glue tab (or tape) and glue it to
the inside of the bag.
- Put glue on the tabs for the bags bottom and
carefully press together.
- Attach a piece of string, wool or ribbon to make
a handle (or cut a piece of construction paper for the handle).
- Crimp the edges of the bag and fold the top over (so it looks like a paper
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).