DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Pirate Gift or Treat Bag
Fill with treats to give to the guests after the party or use it
to hold a gift for the birthday boy.
- something to colour with,
OPTIONAL: string, wool or ribbon.
- Print out the template of choice. There is a choice between a LARGE
bag and a SMALL bag. Before you mass produce, you might want to make
one of each to see which you prefer.
- Cut out the template along the outside lines.
Cut along the dotted lines (this will be the bag's bottom. Younger kids may
need help with this (it can be pre-done prior to colouring).
- You need two large bag templates to make one large bag.
- Place both of the cut out templates before you, face up.
- Glue the template on the right onto the glue tab of the template on
- You should now have one long piece of paper.
- See diagram to the right if you're confused
- Continue on as if you were making a small bag (the directions are
the same from here on).
- Imagine a line extending up from the dotted lines
you cut. Fold along these imaginary lines, fold the GLUE tab and fold up the tabs
for the bag's bottom
- Put glue on the glue tab (or tape) and glue it to
the inside of the bag.
- Put glue on the tabs for the bags bottom and
carefully press together.
- Attach a piece of string, wool or ribbon to make
a handle (or cut a piece of construction paper for the handle).
- Crimp the edges of the bag and fold the top over (so it looks like a paper
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
LARGE BAG TEMPLATE (print 2) (color)
SMALL BAG TEMPLATE (color)
Print friendly version of these instructions