- 1/2 cup Applesauce
- 3/4 cup ground cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp white school glue,
- Extra cinnamon
Note: You can make your own applesauce by peeling and coring 4 apples and boiling them in 3/4 cups of water for about 20 minutes. When done cooking, mash them like you would mashed potatoes.
- Combine glue and ground cinnamon in a bowl. Add applesauce, stirring constantly until you have a stiff dough. You may not need all the applesauce or you may need a smidge more.
- Remove dough onto the table and knead for 5 minutes until firm.
- Let rest 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Lay waxed paper out on the table.
- Dust rolling pin with cinnamon and roll clay out on the waxed paper to about 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut out with cookie cutters of your choice.
- Poke a hole in the top (if you like) with a straw.
- Leave in a warm, breezy location to dry for about 48 hours to 1 week.
- Turn over every 24 hours during the drying process.
- They smell wonderful!