This is a simple three dimensional rocket craft that is fun for kids to make and play with.
- toilet paper roll,
- something to color with,
Optional: If you want a taller rocket, you can use a paper towel roll instead of a toilet paper roll. Just use construction paper, Aluminum foil or paint instead of the rectangular template piece to cover it.
Optional: If you're hanging your rocket up, you can stuff a bit of
red and yellow tissue paper in the back to make it look like there is
flame coming out while it's flying.
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Color (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece on first to cover the tube.
- Fold the triangle "fins" in half so they're colored on both
- Cut up the center of the blue rectangle
- Fold tabs on the dotted lines -- these will be used to add glue for a 3d effect.
- glue to the bottom of the rocket, so the four fins are spaced evenly
- Add windows and doors around the rocket.
- Cut out the circular shape and glue where indicated to form a
- Apply glue around the top of the toilet paper roll
- Place the cone on top of the toilet paper roll and let it sit for about an hour to dry.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).