- 2 milk cartons
- 2 straws
- yellow, black and white construction paper
- glue, scissors and tape
Alternative: use craft foam instead of construction paper and you'll have a ship that you can play with in the bathtub.
- tape a piece of construction paper about 1/2 way up the milk carton as shown in the photo to the right.
- tape black construction paper all the way up the back of the milk carton, leaving about 1 inch sticking up over the carton.
- tape white construction paper over the rest of the milk carton.
- glue two blobs of playdough into the center of the pirate ship.
- Cut a two to three inch piece off the bottom of the second milk carton.
- Tape it onto the ship (covering the playdough).
- Poke two holes in it (with a pencil) right above the playdough blobs.
- cover with white construction paper.
- stick two straws through the holes you poked in the top carton.
- Cut two large rectangles and two small rectangles from yellow construction paper
- Poke two holes in each rectangle with scissors or a hole punch and thread onto the straws as masts.
- draw windows and a door with markers.
- Cut yellow circles and glue them to the side of the ship as portholes.
- Add a gangplank made of cardboard.