DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Weather Paper Plate Wreath
This is good scissor skills practice for kindergarten children - the images are all circles making them fairly easy to cut out.
- something to color with,
- a paper plate.
- OPTIONAL: Blue paint for the paper plate.
- Cut the center out of the paper plate to leave a round "donut" shape.
This will form the base of the wreath. (This may require adult assistance).
- Optional: Paint the base of the wreath blue like we did.
You can choose not to paint it and just use more template pieces to
cover the entire plate.
- Print out the template pieces. One of each of the template should be enough depending on how full you want your wreath to be.
- Color the weather symbols (if using the B&W version).
- Cut out the template pieces. This will take quite awhile -- you can provide assistance if you like (depending on the patience of your child).
- Glue your weather symbols to completely cover your paper plate "donut"
- You can do these as a group with younger children -- let each child cut out and color one or two weather symbols, possibly print their names on
it, and glue it on the group wreath.
- Optional: tie a bow and paste it on to decorate further.
- Optional: put a piece of yarn on the back to hang it.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Template (Lightning) color or
Template (Snowflake) color or
Print friendly version of these instructions