DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Weather Paper Plate Wreath
This is good scissor skills practice for kindergarten children - the images are all circles making them fairly easy to cut out.
- something to color with,
- a paper plate.
- Optional: Blue paint for the paper plate.
- Cut the center out of the paper plate to leave a round "donut" shape.
This will form the base of the wreath. (This may require adult assistance).
- Optional: Paint the base of the wreath blue like we did.
You can choose not to paint it and just use more template pieces to
cover the entire plate.
- Print out the template pieces. One of each of the template should be enough depending on how full you want your wreath to be.
- Color the weather symbols (if using the B&W version).
- Cut out the template pieces. This will take quite awhile -- you can provide assistance if you like (depending on the patience of your child).
- Glue your weather symbols to completely cover your paper plate "donut"
- You can do these as a group with younger children -- let each child cut out and color one or two weather symbols, possibly print their names on
it, and glue it on the group wreath.
- Optional: tie a bow and paste it on to decorate further.
- Optional: Put a piece of yarn on the back to hang it.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).