DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Dwarf Toilet Paper Roll Craft
This is a fun and simple color, cut and paste paper craft that
uses a toilet paper roll as a base to give it a three dimensional
effect. There are seven different dwarves to pick from (Dwarf
number 1 is pictured here).
The craft can be used to accompany many fantasy themed books
and movies (everything from the Hobbit to Snow White) or it can
be made just for fun.
In mythology (Germanic and Norse), a dwarf is a being that dwells in mountains and in the earth, and is associated with wisdom, smithing, mining, and crafting. In Old English they
were known as dweorg. In Old Norwegian (Norse) they were known as dvergr. In Old High German they were known as zwerc and gitwerc.
- a tp roll,
- something to colour with,
- a piece of paper
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour the pieces as appropriate and cut them out.
- Glue the large rectangular piece around the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the arms to the sides of the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the head onto the top of the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the feet onto the bottom of the toilet paper roll. You can fold the tabs so they stick out of the bottom if you like.
- Glue the belt around the center of the tp roll -- where the pants
meet the shirt.
- Glue the tool into one of the hands.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions