DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Gnome Toilet Paper Roll Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This is a fun and simple color, cut and paste paper
craft that uses a toilet paper roll as a base to give it a three dimensional effect.
The cute little garden gnome craft can be used to accompany many fantasy themed books and movies (everything from the Gnomeo and Juliet to Harry Potter) or it can
be made just for fun.
- a tp roll,
- something to colour with,
- a piece of paper
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour the pieces as appropriate and cut them out.
- Glue the large rectangular piece around the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the arms to the sides of the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the head onto the top of the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the feet onto the bottom of the toilet paper roll. You can fold the tabs so they stick out of the bottom if you like.
- Glue the belt around the center of the tp roll -- where the pants meet the shirt.
- Glue the watering can into one of the hands or by the feet (so it looks like it's sitting on the ground).
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions