DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Harpy or Evil Fairy Toilet Paper Roll Craft
This is a fun and simple color, cut and paste paper craft that uses a toilet paper roll as a base to give it a three dimensional effect.
You can use this craft as a harpy (from Greek Mythology) or as an evil fairy (from stories like Sleeping Beauty).
In Greek mythology, the harpies were winged death spirits who stole food from Phineas the prophet.
- a toilet paper roll,
- something to color with,
- a piece of paper
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color the pieces as appropriate and cut them out.
- Glue the large rectangular piece around the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the arms to the sides of the toilet paper roll.
- Fold the tabs on the feet and glue them inside the toilet paper roll to give it a three dimensional effect.
- Glue the head onto the top of the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the wings onto the back of the toilet paper roll.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).