DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Mermaid Toilet Paper Roll Craft
This is a fun and simple color, cut and paste paper craft that uses a toilet paper roll as a base to give it a three dimensional effect.
The craft can be used to accompany many fantasy themed books and movies or it can be made just for fun.
- a tp roll,
- something to colour with,
- a piece of paper
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour the pieces as appropriate and cut them out.
- Glue the large rectangular piece around the toilet paper roll
- on the color template, the top half is pink (the body)
- on the color template, the bottom half is green (the tail)
- if using the B&W template you can color these as you prefer.
- Glue the seashells onto the body as a bikini.
- Glue the arms to the sides of the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the head onto the top of the toilet paper roll. It is
ok if the hair overlaps the bikini somewhat.
- Glue the tail onto the bottom of the toilet paper roll. You can fold the tail so it sticks out of the bottom if you like.
- Glue the crown onto the head.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions