DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Sudoku is an increasingly popular Japanese number puzzle where a 9x9 grid must be filled in with no numbers repeating in a row, column or
square. I find the full fledged Sudoku to be too challenging for most elementary school children so have designed a modified 4x4 grid version
with fun themed images (to be honest, I still find the 4x4 sometimes takes me some thought to complete!)
The "easy" Sudoku puzzle is appropriate for preschool and kindergarten students.
The regular Sudoku puzzle is appropriate for grade 1 to 3 students and is still a fun themed activity for students in grades 4+.
- Print out the template of your choice.
- Complete the Sudoku puzzle making sure no image is repeated in a row, a column or a square. You can draw the images in or just use the numbers that correspond to the image.
- Alternative: You can print out a copy of the answer key and cut out the individual squares. Give these squares to the child to paste onto
the puzzle template to solve it (sometimes it is easier for the kids to solve the puzzles when they have the shapes in front of them to play with).
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions