MARRIL POKEMON CRAFT
Marril is another Pokemon introduced in the Pikachu's Vacation short at the beginning of The First Pokemon Movie. This water pokemon is made with an old cd, frozen juice can lid or a margarine container lid, a printer, a piece of paper, some crayons, scissors, and glue. I always prefer to use a heavy paper (like construction paper), but it isn't necessary. (You could also use a circle of cardboard or bristle board).
The templates were originally made for a CD (which is 4.75 inches in
diameter), but anything that's round and about the same size works... Make
sure you ask an adult before you start gluing things to CD's!!
(Yes Tasha, even if it is "just" mommy's Beach Boys CD).
- Print out the template of choice. If using the black and white template, try printing it on blue construction paper.
- Colour (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the large circle on first to cover the CD.
- Glue on the smaller oval (ish) tummy.
- Glue on the eyes, ears, arms and feet.
- To make the tail, dip a piece of yarn in starch and form a squiggly shape. Once it's dry it will stay that way. If you don't have starch, you can always use a twist tie or pipecleaner. Glue the small circle on the end of the tail.
- Make sure to set your printer margins to zero to ensure the template prints out properly (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP on most browsers).
- You can hang your Pikablu on the wall or cover with clear contact paper and use as a coaster.