Thanks to Helen for contributing this recipe!
In a 1-gallon freezer weight bag, mix
- 5 cups cubed ice
- 3/4 cup rock salt
- 1/4 cup water
Place 1 quart sherbet bag inside 1 gallon bag. Wrap in terry towel to protect hands from cold.
Agitate 8 - 10 minutes.
When firm, remove sherbet bag from rock salt mixture. Dry bag on towel.
Use scissors to cut hole in bottom corner of the bag. Squeeze mixture into serving cups.
Makes 7-1/2 cup servings.
In a 1 Quart freezer bag, mix -
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Orange Rind (optional)
- Optional drops of food color : 2 red and 4 yellow
Sherbet for two
For 2-person Orange Shakin' Sherbet combine in a 1-pint freezer weight bag:
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon orange rind (optional)
- Optional drops of food coloring: 1 red and 2 yellow