"Welcome to Spring"
- 1 large can of chow mein noodles
- 4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsp. shortening
- "Peeps" (marshmallow chicks),
- some sort of egg-shaped candy (jellybeans, M&M's, etc.).
- Melt the chips & shortening in a glass bowl in the microwave (usually about 1 min. To 1 1/2 min.). Sitr frequently to avoid burning.
- Pour in the noodles & stir till coated.
- Drop big spoonfuls on dessert paper plates. Let kids form into 'nests'.
- Add eggs & marshmallow chicks as desired.
- Place in fridge for 30 min. To harden.
- Eat & enjoy!!
Makes 6-7 nests.
NOTE: You can also use butterscotch or white chocolate chips for additional variety.
|One viewer wrote:
"Thought you'd enjoy this variation on the bird's nest recipe - instead of using choc. chips that can make the nest VERY brown - try butterscotch chips - this is how my friend makes them (and now me as well) and my kids love them!"