DLTK's Crafts for Kids
- Acrylic paint
Choose and prepare one of the clay recipes (or use store bought clay such as Sculpey clay). All of the recipes work fine and depend on the ingredients you have on hand. I prefer the last version
- Air Dry Clay
- Air Dry Clay #2
- Air Dry or Bake Clay
- Air Dry or Bake Clay #2 -- dries
whiter than the previous version, but requires cooking
- Make a flat "pancake" of clay. This will be the bottom of your
- Roll remaining clay into long snakes.
- Coil the snakes around the pancake of clay, building up the pot as
- You'll need to squeeze the snakes onto the pancake and onto each
other a bit so they stay together when the project dries.
- Let air dry or bake dry depending on the type of clay you are using.
- Use acrylic paint to decorate the pot however you like.
- Let dry