I made my original set of Australia friends look like Crocodile Dundee. Vicki from Australia emailed and gave me some hints (thank-you so much!). Here's what she had to say...
Just a note on the colours for Australia. Traditionally, green and gold (well actually, bright yellow but gold sounds better!) are Australia's sporting colours. That is what you'll see any patriotic Australian wearing (at the games, teams, etc.) - green for the land and gold for sun and surf. The Olympic team uniform has been toned down to teal green and beige but the spirit of the original colours are still there.
I made the colors the "traditional" green and gold on the color template. The great bonus about this template, though, is that you can use the black and white version and color it any way you want! So choose your own country's team colors and have fun. Even the GO TEAM flag that's part of the set is easily colored the way YOU want!
I've provided a template of clothes and accessories that you can add to most of the Favorite Friends or Animal toilet paper roll crafts. So, make yourself one of about 100 possible team color toilet paper roll critters like Blue's Clues, Pikachu, a mouse, a hippo, a kangaroo... you get the idea!
Note from a viewer regarding Australia's colors (Thanks Terri!):
The National floral emblem is the golden wattle. It is draped all over our coat of arms. The flower is gold, the leaves green. Acacia sp. Occur all over the continent, even in the driest parts and above the snowline. The modification to the the grey-green reflects not only a change in fashion, but the color of the Eucalyptus leaf.
Terri Kemp. (Australian History Teacher)
- a toilet paper roll
- a printer,
- some crayons, paint, markers or pencil crayons,
- your favorite Favorite Friend or Animal toilet paper roll craft template.
- Print out the Team Colors template and Favorite Friend/Animal template of choice.
- Color (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the rectangle from the Favorite Friend/Animal template onto the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the Team Colors rectangle (soccer shirt/shorts is what I was thinking of when I made it) over top.
- Glue on the other Favorite Friend/Animal template pieces.
- You can use the shoes or the character's feet depending on which you prefer.
- Glue on the baseball cap.
- Glue the pennant into one of the hands.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).