DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Team Color Friends - Aussie
I made my original set of Australia friends look like Crocodile Dundee.
Vicki from Australia emailed and gave me some hints (thank-you so much!).
Here's what she had to say...
Just a note on the colours for Australia. Traditionally, green and gold
(well actually, bright yellow but gold sounds better!) are Australia's sporting
colours. That is what you'll see any patriotic Australian wearing (at the
games, teams, etc.) - green for the land and gold for sun and surf. The
Olympic team uniform has been toned down to teal green and beige but the
spirit of the original colours are still there.
I made the colors the "traditional" green and gold on the color template.
The great bonus about this template, though, is that you can use the black
and white version and color it any way you want! So choose your own
country's team colors and have fun. Even the GO TEAM flag that's part
of the set is easily colored the way YOU want!
I've provided a template of clothes and accessories that you can add
to most of the Favorite
Friends or Animal tp roll crafts.
So, make yourself one of about 100 possible team color tp roll critters
like Blue's Clues, Pikachu, a mouse, a hippo, a kangaroo...
you get the idea!
Note from a viewer regarding Australia's colors (Thanks Terri!):
The National floral emblem is the golden wattle.
It is draped all over our coat of arms. The flower is gold,
the leaves green. Acacia sp. Occur all over the continent,
even in the driest parts and above the snowline. The modification
to the the grey-green reflects not only a change in fashion,
but the colour of the Eucalyptus leaf.
(Australian History Teacher)
- a tp roll
- a printer,
- some crayons, paint, markers or pencil crayons,
- your favorite Favorite Friend
or Animal tp roll craft template.
- Print out the Team Colors template and Favorite Friend/Animal template
- Colour (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the rectangle from the Favorite Friend/Animal template onto
the tp roll.
- Glue the Team Colors rectangle (soccer shirt/shorts is what I was
thinking of when I made it) over top.
- Glue on the other Favorite Friend/Animal template pieces.
- You can use the shoes or the character's feet depending on which
- Glue on the baseball cap.
- Glue the pennant into one of the hands.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Aussie Friends Template