Thanks to Tae for sharing this idea with us!
- empty baby formula containers (label peeled off) or coffee cans
- tissue paper (pink or green)
- water and white glue mixture
(1 part water to 3 parts glue)
- styrofoam balls
- googly eyes
- black mini pom pom
- clear paper
- egg carton cup
- hot glue ** Requires adult help/supervision,
- pink cardboard or foam sheets
- tear tissue paper into squares.
- brush the tissue onto the container using the glue/water mixture.
- brush on three layers and allow to dry in between (a warmed oven turned off helps speed the
- use felt for the tongue, eyelashes and flowers on the frog and styrofoam balls with googly eyes for the frog's bulging eyes.
- black mini pom pom with clear paper wings finished off the fly on the frogs
- for the pig snout we paper mached tissue on egg carton cups which were hot glued on.
- Painted cardboard or pink foam sheets for the ears and tail.
Virtually any animal could be made, use your imagination and odds and ends from home.
If you get dad to help you cut a slit in the top of the can large enough to fit a coin in you can use it to collect spare change to give to charity. We usually paint our coffee can banks but I really like Tae's idea to brush tissue paper onto the cup."
more Coffee Can crafts