Thanks to Megan for sharing this recipe with us!
Megan wrote: "Here is another Aussie Recipe that Australian Children enjoy making usually around Anzac Day (April 25th) when towns all over Australia hold marches for returned soldiers and hold memorial services for those who did not return."
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut (dried coconut)
- 125g unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup golden syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 1 Tablespoon boiling water
- Wash hands and collect all ingredients.
- Pre heat oven to180c.
- Line a biscuit tray with baking paper
- Sift flour and sugar into large mixing bowl. Add oats and coconut. Make a well in the
- Combine butter and golden syrup in small pan. Stir over low heat until butter is melted and mixture smooth.
Removve from heat.
- Dissolve Bicarbonate soda in water; add immediatly to butter mixture. It will foam up instantly.
- Add butter mixture to dry ingredients. Mix with spoon until well combined.
- Roll one level Tablespoon of mixture into balls and flatten slightly on tray. Allow room for spreading.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until just browned.
- Remove from oven and transfer onto cooling rack.