DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Paper Pyramid Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
For over a thousand years, Egyptians built pyramids as tombs for their pharaohs (kings and queens). There are over 90 royal pyramids in
Egypt... 35 of them major works.
It's easy to build a small model of a pyramid. Use it as a standalone decoration or include in a diarama.
- OPTIONAL: sand
- OPTIONAL: thin cardboard
- Print template of choice.
- You can make your own template by making four identical equilateral triangles (with small tabs on the side for gluing)
- Fold dotted line tabs.
- OPTIONAL: You can cut out triangles from thin cardboard and
back the template pieces with these to make the project sturdier.
- Glue tab of one triangle to tab free side of the next triangle.
- Repeat until all triangles are attached.
- Cover entire pyramid with a coat of glue
- sprinkle sand over top
- if you decide to use the sand, you should make sure you backed the template pieces with thin cardboard or the pyramid will
collapse under the weight.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions