DLTK's Crafts for Kids
British Palace Guard Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This is a simple three dimensional craft that can be done "just for fun", a medieval theme, or an England theme.
- toilet paper roll,
- something to color with if using the B&W version,
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Color (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece on first to cover the tube.
- The slightly larger part is the jacket (red)
- The slightly smaller part is the pants (grey)
- The lines running vertically designate the legs and the jacket closure. They should go at the front of the craft.
- Glue on the head and arms.
- You may need to trim the arms a bit shorter depending on how you decide to
place them. In the photo, we folded a bit at the end of the arm and
glued that to the toilet paper roll so the arms spread out in the air.
- Fold the tabs on the feet and glue them on the inside of the toilet paper roll to give a 3D effect.
- "Decorate" as a palace guard with hat, belt, buttons and rifle.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions