DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Nanook Toilet Paper Roll Craft
This is a fun and simple color, cut and paste paper craft that uses a toilet paper roll as a base to give it a three dimensional effect.
Nanook is the Inuit spirit of the polar bears. According to Inuit mythology, it is Nanook who decides whether the hunters
will have success hunting polar bears.
- a toilet paper roll,
- something to color with,
- a piece of paper
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color the pieces as appropriate and cut them out.
- Glue the large rectangular piece around the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the the belt around the middle of the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the arms to the sides of the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the spear into one of the hands.
- Glue the head onto the top of the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the feet onto the bottom of the toilet paper roll. You can fold the tabs so they stick out of the bottom if you like.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).