DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Jewish Handprint Wreath
I love handprint crafts! I save each one in a special binder and peek at them every so often. It's fun to compare and see how they've grown.
- white and blue paint or construction paper.
- There are two ways to do this craft. One is to trace the child's hand onto paper and cut
out the prints. The second is to make paint handprints on the paper and cut those out.
- Make eight handprints (2 of each colour). You can relate these to the 8 days of Hanukkah.
- Cut out the prints and glue to form a wreath.
- You can decorate the wreath further with pictures (like stars of david or dreidels). These can be:
- hand drawn artwork by the children,
- pictures from colouring books, magazines or fliers
- or use the templates of stars I've attached below.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).