DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Star of David Paper Plate Craft
This is one of those crafts that is far more difficult to explain than
it is to do. If you read through the directions and feel a bit lost, just punch your
holes and start fiddling with the string. It will quickly make sense.
- paper plate (it doesn't matter what size)
- hole punch
- blue or yellow wool
- Optional: gold or blue paint (different color than your wool)
- Optional: paint paper plate and let dry
- punch 6 holes in the plate equal distances apart (it doesn't have to be exact, but the closer it is the more symetrical your star will be)
- thread wool through the holes as shown in the diagram below.
- dark blue lines are what will show on the front of the plate.
- light blue lines are on the back side of the plate.
- start at the letter A and work your way through the alphabet along with the diagram.
- HINT: At capital letters you are poking the wool up towards the right side of the plate and at lower case letters you'll be poking
the wool down towards the wrong side of the plate.