When the Purim story ("Meglliah") is read, everyone boos and shakes their graggers whenever Haman's name is mentioned. Use one of the ideas below to make your own gragger.
SHAKER type gragger - youngest children
- margarine container, small yogurt container or similar plastic container
- dried beans, sand, rocks (these are a lot of fun to collect outside!) or something like that
- stickers, paint, markers, construction paper, etc to decorate
- Decorate outside of container as desired.
- You can cut out shapes from construction paper or paint it or glue on white paper and color with markers.
- Add stickers for extra fun!
- Fill about 1/4 or less of the way full of dried beans (or similar material)
- Put a bit of glue around the edge of the lid and put it on tightly.
- You can put a thick rubber band over it to ensure the lid stays on tight if the kids don't want to wait for the glue to dry.
- Shake your gragger
TAMBORINE type gragger - kindergarten