DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Australian Medal (Necklace)
- a printer,
- some crayons, paint, markers or pencil crayons,
- ribbon or wool (long enough so the medal
will go over the child's head)
- OPTIONAL: cardboard (can use old cereal
- OPTIONAL: clear contact paper (can purchase
at office supply stores
- Print out the templates of choice.
- colour as appropriate.
- Cut out template piece.
- OPTIONAL: Cut out a circle of cardboard the same size as the medal. Glue in between the two halves to make it sturdier.
- Fold medal in half and glue together.
- OPTIONAL: Cut out two circles of clear contact paper slightly larger than the medal. Sandwich the medal in between the
pieces and trim as necessary. This will make the medal sturdier and water proof.
- Poke a hole in the top and thread string, ribbon or wool through.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Australian Medal Template (color)
Print friendly version of these instructions